Friday, June 12, 2009

What a family drama I had. Fuiihhhh.....Luckily it's finally over. I HATE family 'dramas'.

Bout 2 months back, when my mum and aunt went to visit their aunt, they were talking bout having a party for that aunt's son 50th bday. They were told that invitation cards will be sent out later. Sooo fast forward. My eldest aunt got the card through post but my mum and my younger aunt never got theirs. Many of their friends and colleagues also got the cards. So mum made up her mind not to go coz 'we are not invited'. I told her we should attend coz they have already told us bout it. Probably the card got lost in post or something. After much thought,mum decided to go. She told me we are all going as a family coz big aunty got the invite. Then all of a sudden, big aunt decided to go for a holiday which clashes with the dinner. So mum said that since big aunt is not going, so are we. She called up my younger aunt n told her that we are all not going. So I made plans with Fa since it's her bday today and i thought I will take her out for dinner.


Then the drama begins. Mum got a call from Uncle Martin, the bday 'boy' this morning telling mum that he got a sms saying that mum and my younger aunt did not get the invitation cards. Mum was furious with whoever who sent the sms and asked uncle Martin for the number. Unfortunately, when mum called the number, no one answered. Uncle Martin was apologizing to mum and told her that she will have to attend the function tonite. He even told mum that he will go to her office to give her the card but mum said it's ok. Mum was still half hearted and told Uncle Martin that she will consider it. Then another phone call came from Uncle Martin's younger sis. She told mum that Uncle Martin is very very upset and asked mum to please come for the function. Finally mum gave in and said ok. Now come to my younger aunt. She said that she will not go coz no one called her n all. I was getting very very frutrated already at this point so I gave up persuading. Wana go then go, dun wana go then dun go!! Well, of course I was very sad deep down coz I hate family conflicts. Really hate it. Then mum called up uncle Martin's sis and told her to call my younger aunt and finally all agree to go!!!
Hmmm............FINALLY!! Just came back from Uncle Martin's bday bash. It was superb and the food was delicious. THANK GOD THAT EVERYTHING FINALLY WENT ON WELL!!!

Uncle Martin with his trademark hair and costume!! He's a famous caterer here in Ipoh!!

No comments: