Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chocolate wafers!!! My colleague brought this to work the other day and it brings back my childhood memory. It used to be and it's still is one of my favorite biscuit. I still remember when I was about 5-6 years old, my uncle will get me a packet of those wafers whenever he come and fetch me over to his house and it will be like a weekly affair. I will look forward to it every week coz I know I'll have my favorite wafer. Then there was once that my uncle was admitted to the hospital for an operation. I was down not only coz he was in the hospital but also coz I won't be able to get my wafer that particular week. OK!! I know you will all give me a "boo" but I was just a little girl back then. Things like not getting her favourite wafer will really put a little girl down. So fine, in my mind no wafer for this week. So there I was following my parents to pay a visit to my uncle who is still in the hospital. When he saw me, he called me over and guess what, there in his hand was my favourite CHOCOLATE WAFER!!! I don't think I was touched that time but I know that I was a very happy little girl that day. When I told my colleague bout this incident only then that I realized I was really touched by what my uncle did back then.

No comments: