Sunday, May 10, 2009

Went for another 2 movies again today with Farrah!! The 1st show we went for was Bohsia - A malay film.

There's nothing very special bout this film. The scenes in this movies is more or less like the news we see on TV on mat rempits and the story line is so mundane. The worst part is, it ends with everyone or almost everyone died or got caught. I was thinking that something will change them to be better people but alas I was sooo wrong.

After that, we went for Sushi. It was packed and there was a couple waiting outside. I spotted two empty seats but seeing that the couple before us did not enter, we thought we have to wait to be seated. Fa wanted to go to the washroom so we both went and when we went back to Sushi King, the line waiting outside was even longer. Nevertheless, we waited but is was only after 5 minutes that we got our seats. As usual, we were people watching while waiting for our food and there are this 2 couples who are sitting in front of us who are really annoying. One couple keep on asking for their food although they have been told that they will need to wait for about 20 minutes. The other couple was talking about every tom, dick and harry that walk into Sushi King and they don't seem to realize they voices are kinda loud. Arrggg.... and eventually our food arrives and we don't seem to be bothered with the 2 couples.

After lunch, we went for our 2nd movie, Sell Out - A Malaysian Comedy which will make you laugh. ( This is what is written on the movie poster that got me attracted to this movie )

When the show started, there was like a person narrating a story to us and it turn out to be an interview session between a host of a show and the director of a film called "Love is love and is nothing else". Funny rite. Wait till you hear more. The director who was intervied really got on my nerves. Always answering with one syllable without eloborating. I was like "GOODNESS GRACIOUS". Ok so nvm. Thought the show will get better. Then came the scene of a guy who created this machine which can produce 10 kinds of soya products from soya beans with the press of a button. And there is this one favourite phrase of this guy's boss, " Don't 'but' me. I hate people who 'but' me!" I lost count on how many times this line was said throughout the whole movie. The storyline is so crapy. It's a little funny but I am not amused at all. I expected more from the synopsis I read about this movie. A total dissapointment for me but it's okay. Showing my support to our Malaysian Film Industry and I trust there will be many many more good Malaysian films in time to come.

1 comment:

syafiq said...

Thanks for your support!!! i hope there will be more people like you in Malaysia. Because most malaysians now only knows to trash malaysian movies without even watching them first. They like to worship the american movies as if they were americans!

With support,one day we will be proud of our films.

http://syafiqrevolution.blogspot.com/